Saturday, August 7, 2010

Definition by default

Default logic was proposed by Raymond Reiter, canadian computer scientist and logician. We have programmed ourselves to come to quick conclusions, a lot of the times, and assumptions not only about others but also about ourselves.

I plead guilty. I judge myself every second, every breath, every blink of an eye. Sometimes I judge others without being aware of it. Something snapped during my yoga practice this morning.

I took my time to unwind after it at the beach, embracing the nature, submerging my heart and my head. The definitions of myself which i repeat constantly and silently have surfaced. So often I define myself as so and so and feel the need to fill those positions. I am a runner. I am a warrior. I am tough. I am unbreakable. I can not be hurt. I am not weak. All those nouns and adjectives are then linked with definitions: some harmful, some strong and upright but mostly completely unnecessary.

Letting go of what is "known", what is "established", something you are so used to that you become your own robot. Functioning versus living. The challenge is most exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment