Monday, April 20, 2009

20/20, dairy and tapering

Finished the 20/20 workout that Chelsey recommended to do. Basically, it's working on your endurance and ability to still run two long runs back to back. I did 20 miles in the rain on sunday, while stuggling with alergic dairy reaction ( yeah, done did it... never again will I be able to look at yogurt or cheese the same!). Still finished the 20 and picked it up for last 3 miles. At some point my splits were 6:42s. I forgot I could run that!
Today I went out on a nice 20m mid morning and was able to avoid all the rain. I had a lot of energy and felt I could just go and go. That means I am ready to taper in a few days and then kick some ass at Ice age 50 ;)
Somehow things seem a bit more together in my head and I would like to keep it that way. Hold on to that straw as long as I can. Despite my strange experience at the Equinox interview today, followed by a call from bally's in rogers park, I was able to stay in great spirits.

I know that this 50 miler is a sort of a journey for me... Running long distances is such a huge passion of mine, though it must be done wisely and slowly. It's a mental journey above anything.

I hope to take time off running and focus on cross training a lot more in May and June. By mid July I will be ready to pick it up a notch in terms of speed, LTs and quality long runs. My goal is to run a good marathon, which at this point seems like Indianapolis will be the lucky city this year ;)

1 comment:

  1. "I know that this 50 miler is a sort of a journey for me..."

    And always will be. I don't think the journey ever ends, even when you cross the finish line.

    Good luck with the tapering...

    ReplyDelete