Sunday, April 26, 2009

Denn die Todten reiten schnell...

Quote Burger's "Lenore" mentioned in Dracula which I was devouring today.
Energy.
Being surrounded by girls from team has set an incredible tone for the rainy gloomy sunday. Sore throat aside, I screamed "Go get'em" and "Kick it to the finish" at the Ravenswood 5k. Kalina, Lisa and Jessica ran so well. Great to see Holly on her scooter and Christina as well. They both ran the 10 miler yesterday, and Christina came in 2nd! She is so speeedy! It was amazing to see Jon run today too. Just to think how much faster he is running now... His excitement and joy have immediately transfered to me. He sent me the sweetest message thanking me for taking him out running and encouraging and supporting him. He is a sweetheart.

Tapering officially began today. Allergies or cold is what I got. Not sure which it is, though I have plenty of benedryl and claritin laying around from Em's rabbit allergies :) As she enters the appartment, I have it out already. I should just have a drink and a pill next to it on a tray ready for her each time.

I cross trained on eliptical for an hour, then did half hour of upper body and core in between of u.body sets. A woman waiting for eliptical questioned the correct reading of the time on the machine. Yes, it's only an hour and I do like to bust my ass on it ;) Started talking about me running ultras. I tend to start conversations with anyone. I noticed that a while back. Odd.

Weights felt really light today, and I realized that if I focus and let things fall where they belong, things just work out in the most beautiful way.

I saw the city far from the southside as I traveled to meet my new dog sitting client who says "shit" just about after each sentence. City was wrapped up in a blanket of fog as my mind cleared off all the bullshit. Suddenly it came to me again. All of it. It gave me goosebumps, just like earlier in the week when I listen to Neko Case piercing me through and through with her voice and amazing beauty. Memories rushed full force then. Something I learned to shake off and move on. Too tough and skin is too thick.

65 running miles this week and about 60-80 biking miles. By Saturday legs were total shit. I bonked out after 5 on saturday since I was running late again. Running late. Should be the title of a book that I would like to burn or shred. That habbit irritates the living shit out of me. Something I would like to leave behind, unless I accidently start running at an ethopian pace. Might have to run shoe-less and drop a couple douzen pounds at least, which is unimaginable. Hmmmm... but... perhaps doable, regardless.

Less distractions does indeed equal to a happpy T.

No comments:

Post a Comment